Katie and Mary... we never had our phone dates. It's super lame. Apologies. I love you lots. I'm going to add it to my list of resolutions for 2011.
1. Be early or at least on time EVERYWHERE. No excuses.
2. Stop spending excessive amounts on rubbish.
3. Take more photos.
4. Get a First.
5. Go to 90% of your classes (100% is impossible).
6. Get a job you actually want to do.
7. Dust the backpack off and go to: Japan, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro.
8. Learn to drive. Then drive across America.
9. Actually use Russian and German for sensible purposes - like travel and work.
10. Relive Berlin: Hang with the tracksuits at Alexplatz. Chat with old ladies on the 'Orient Express (lol)'. Travel east and visit Marzahn to see how the black sheep and his crew are doing.
11. Make a pilgrimage to the 50 churches of Monreale. Say hi to the real Padre P aka Mr Quattrocchi and update him on Livia's northern european morality.
12. Start phoning my friends or get skype.
13. Start reading a (non-LSE) book every week.
14. Consider becoming a 'communist' who again.
15. Send letters with illustrations, stamps and glitter - like I used to.
I'm sure I'll think of more soon.
I'm not sure if no. 14 will happen but I certainly miss lying down in roads, making marxist friends and waving banners. It was so much fun but maybe a bit silly? I don't know.
Sophie, Jess - number 10...??? 'There's plenty more fish in the sea.'
3 years ago