Hello! I'm back in London. Its ok. wish I was at home. Although....I have a great new job - Information assistant at LSE careers service. I'm working at freshers fair tomorrow!
Anyway I need an A/W party dress. I'm spending a sickeningly high amount (for me - I like primark prices) . But I figure I have a job and that is what I spend on party dresses in this period anyway. So I'm going for quality not quantity.
sooo.... day 1 on the hunt for the perfect dress. I spent sunday afternoon at Liberty. My favourite shop in the whole entire world. Here are the results...
I also bought some jewel buttons from the haberdashery to snazz up some of my clothes. 2 Giant heart shaped emeralds for the cuffs on my mac and 6 amber little heart shape jewels for a black chiffon blouse. nice.
Also KurtGeiger has about 5 pairs of shoes I like. Its not fair.
I went to Croatia on the 19th -24th It was amazing. The hotel was so nice, the sea was so nice, the buffet breakfast was so nice. I was totally happy. Though if I'm honest I'd be happy in a hostel too, I just like to go away.
Anyway it was beautiful and now i'm back in London, in stinky covent garden. Sounds like a nice place to live but its kind of filthy and as i'm writing this I can hear a mouse eating its way round the kitchen. And i'm super bored, I woke up with memory loss and the worst hangover with mere flashbacks of the preceeding evening. Horrible. I have not been so drunk since I was a) refused entry to zoo bar, b) came back after a night out to down shots of vodka and c) got so drunk on £1 drinks in Sheffield Varsity that i couldn't stop knocking peoples drinks over. I hate it. And the bad feeling from that has ruined my day which could have been filled with waaaay more exciting things like cinema and museums and stuff. Though I did see this comedian called Doug Stanhope who was made me laugh lots or it could have just been the wine making me laugh.
Good news in my life is that I can finally see the end of this internship, where although the people are lovely, I just never want to do this kind of work again. I am super happy about returning to Pimlico where I have space and am desperate for term to start because there are so many things I want to do. I feel like I'm nowhere right now.
Also excellent news is that I've got an interview for a job in the LSE careers service office £10.45 an hour 10-15 hours a week. This really would save my bacon, be a nice addition to the CV and enable me to go somewhere on this list...
Mary, this one is for you. Although I've not got much to update you on!
END OF EXAMS
Exams finished, the last one was GV227 - the politics of economic policy, anyway I don't think it went that well but my memory of the exam is blurred due to the drinking that happened after. I think I had 6 drinks outside the tuns with Emma to start my celebrations. It was a lovely lovely afternoon in the sun. Unfortunately I got tipsy amazingly fast and ended up in bed come time the afternoon. I woke up a few hours later with the worst handover of my life. Not sure how but in my state of inebriation I managed to go to topshop and pick out a few things. They're okay...
RAJA... no more
A fine and distinguished exam beard, it was eventually lost to the razor.
OMG last night I went to this restaurant in Pimlico / Victoria called Preto. Its a Brazilian Churrascaria place. You just grab a plate go to the (really amazing) salad and traditional brazilian sides buffet to get some battered banana, onion rings and really amazing salads then wait at your table for the meat to start coming. The waiters constantly bring you massive skewers of all kinds of beef steaks, chicken, pork (but no one bothers with pork) and CHICKEN HEARTS which they carve onto your plate at your table. My favourite was the red and bloody garlicky beef. I've never had such good steak. Its all you can eat! I spent £38, lots and lots of money but I did share a decent bottle of red and had a pina colada to finish!
Then we went back and had champagne. It was nice!
COME HERE NOW
Katie! Clare! Tron! Livia! - This week and weekend please I'm here and I would love to entertain. (mary when you've finished exams!!!!)
Maybe I'll even take you to to get a cocktail in a teacup. My sister recommended this bar on Charlotte Street called Bourne and Hollingsworth. So when Sophie and some SAASY people were in London we decided to try it. It's in a basement and is decorated kind of 1940s living room / quaint tearoom - it's all floral wallpaper, white tablecloths, I even saw a lace doily! The bar is a wooden serving hatch and have amazing cocktails served in teacups, beautiful old fashioned champagne glasses and even old jars! The music was awesome on my visit 60s, 70s, 80s, pop, disco, anything.
I like to post pictures of food. I think I like cooking and looking more than eating. I just can't decide what the best thing about food is. I've been eating many takeouts recently BUT my new favourite super quick thing to cook is anything teriyaki! Chicken, beef and TUNA STEAK. so tasty. best with rice. after marinating I boil the marinade down so it's thick and sticky, then pour it over the meat and rice. heaven. ratio of mirin/cooking rice wine:soy sauce:brown sugar = 2:2:1 plus crushed garlic cloves, tiny bit of grated ginger, maybe a bit of honey.
It's become a thing that Aaron gets mentioned in every post now. So I'd like to say that after a week of the slim fast plan he lost 4 Kilos. a week of sensible meals later he looks even thinner. IT WORKS. Unfortunately he's just gone back to Canada (boooo) and is about to start a trading internship at CIBC. Meaning, he'll have to mix it at home and take it to work in a sports bottle and pretend its a protein shake, in order to fit in with the macho traders. Good luck Aaron!! We miss you already and remember WWTD!?
1. He likes a challenge, and when there's more for them to take off the bigger and better the challenge. This is why he likes girls who wear the hijab and avoid eye contact. If he sees them, he'll be extra nice, open doors and sit next to them in class. 2. He likes 'yoga pants,' tights and leggings. sexy and streamlined. When girls cover up it creates an air of mystery and avoids early disappointment. tights disguise fat legs.
I though this was a. hilarious and b. an interesting perspective to share with you.
Wasn't eurovision great?
My choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2pxtkhx-M
1.Clare you are amazing and beautiful. I miss you a lot and think you should come to London forever. Kateeee - I love the book spreads. Mary - Aaron is hot stuff with his new hair, no joke. It's not funny. He also helps me / does my numerical tests.
2. Oh My G - I have an exam on the first and don't get income and substitution effects.
3. I did an interviews at fidelity today, they called me back to tell me the news but I didn't have my phone on me. So I have to wait till tomorrow. aaaaa.
4. Tiny denim shorts + crop tops? Can I improve this look if I make my stomach flatter / get a tan? Only for leisure wear though, like the country, beaches etc etc. Trailer trash?
5. My mum came to London and took me for afternoon tea at Harrods last week. All the courses on the stand have unlimited refills. mmmm. Harrods is so cool. I love the pet shop. Then we spend the aternoon trying on silly sunglasses it cheered me up no end as before I had been quite sad.
I'm so rubbish. I'm not doing any work. When I'm stressed I cook and yesterday I made lamb kofta and this amazing Ottolenghi asparagus recipe (http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/08/asparagus-tomato-salsa-cheese-ottolenghi) you serve it with a salsa of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fine chopped red onion, tomato (deeseeded), mint and dill. also had falafel.
I'm amazing. I've also managed to dye my hands yellow with turmeric.
In Neate House, we have a new motto, one that we all ought to live by.
What would Thatcher do?
Aaron came up with this one! (Aaron's inspiration in life is Thatcher, respect.). I'm not saying I love Thatcher or anything she did, this is NOT political. As we all know I'm labour and that is how it will stay. But you see Thatcher was very hard working, ambitious, driven etc etc... and immaculately presented. What a role model! So keep a picture of her by your desk and when you find yourself procrastinating, being rubbish or lazy just think ... WWTD? She wouldn't be facebook stalking. She'd be revising like crazy.
So Aaron's huge bedroom window is always open at night, and the curtains too, in fact the other night he slept without curtains. I think being cold helps him revise. Anyway his window faces the beck of loads of flats and houses so EVERYONE over there can see in. Like 10 mins ago he just heard (creepy voice) 'I'm watching you, ha ha ha ha.'
Hi Ladies. It's been a while since I spoke to any of you, so I'm making up for it with this blog post.
1. I was sad about the election, I thought GB's speech when he left was really really nice. So sad. I hate democracy, it's so lame. Time for the Li dictatorship? (she'll be our benevolent and wise leaders). However there was one upside to the political turmoil... me and aaron have been placing a few bets with Ladbrokes!!! Excellent profit.
2. I spent Tuesday doing NOTHING productive but EVERYTHING nice. I went with my cool auntie around everywhere I should go more often. First to Harrods for a krispy kreme breakfast. I really don't go to Harrods enough, its garish and kind of vulgar but in a beautiful way. Then a brief stop at the V&A followed by a little lunch and cocktails in Gordon's Bar in Selfridges. I haven't been in there for years but it's very good. Their Bramble cocktail tasted like Haribo.
3. Thursday I went to work, the only good side is that it's just off Kensington High Street and I can browse whole foods.
4. Friday... RECKITT BENCKISER INTERVIEW. So I applied after seeing it on the Finance Society email. Got through to the assessment day - their final round. OMG I'll rant about it when I don't get it... on Monday or Tuesday. Seriously why can't they do their final round like GS did, some nice sensible interviews? Also my VERY expensive suit is now a little too big for me (because i'm amazing), which is nice, but it cost so much money. It didn't look too bad though and I wore exceptionally nice heels. - I'll post a picture of how hot I looked soon. xxx
Katie still wants me to vote for the Lib Dems. I'm not. I'm voting Labour since they're obviously the best. I don't understand how people think that Cameron or Clegg won the debates, they were spewing utter crap. I've never heard such silly things being said on TV. AND they got away with it. People say they want honesty and Brown gives them that, but people don't like it. GRRR. Also katie, I do think the Lib Dems have good ideas.. Trident is bad. Also, people totally need to chill about Europe and Immigration, both of which are cool.
Anyway I'm revising political theory, it's so dull and I don't understand it. Actually I think I just can't be bothered to understand it. Today I'm starting from scratch with Berlin and his negative liberty, slowly progressing to Charles Taylor, Republicanism, Neutrality, Toleration ...... right through to Nozick. By then I will have covered the whole of liberalism in the C20th as per the most boring dudes with the biggest spectacles.
I keep procrastinating... and I found this! Hate the whole boring class thing but this made me giggle...
I am Alice. I am a student at LSE. However, I do like cupcakes, purikura, hot chocolate, flowers, going out to eat, everything in Liberty and taking pictures of stupid outfits I try on.
I plan to a) get a job that pays me lots and b)leave it to set up a bookshop/gallery/tea room/bar.
Right now I really need the big grey fur hat with rabbit ears I saw in topshop.